Tuesday, September 30, 2014

October Stamp of the Month: Home for the Holidays

Welcome to the October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! If you've arrived here from the amazing Fancy Melissa's blog, you are on the right track. If this is your first stop, following along is easy! Simply click on the link at the bottom of each blog post to be taken to the next blog in the hop. This month we have over 70 talented consultants sharing their creations, so by the time you arrive back here or to your original starting place, you will be inspired to get those holiday crafting projects started! If you get lost along the way or find links not working properly, you can find the complete list of hoppers HERE.

The October Stamp of the Month, Home for the Holidays (S1410) is an adorable holiday themed set of 7 stamps that coordinate with the exclusive Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. This fun set has so many possibilities...scrapbook pages, cards, gift tags, and more! It is also the perfect companion to our new Snowhaven paper packet!

I couldn't resist this opportunity to play with the brand new Cricut Artfully Sent cartridge as I created with the Home for the Holidays set. Just as I'd hoped I found the perfect card base in Artfully Sent to go with the adorable bear "postage stamp" image in the stamp set.



The postage stamp image was created with a series of paper piecing. I stamped the image a total of 4 times - one time each in Glacier, Cranberry and Black and then once again in Glacier on the postage stamp shape cut from Art Philosophy. 
Next, I cut the parts I wanted from the first three stamped images.
I used a little 3-D Foam tape to provide a little pop to the black layer and the bear.




I chose to adhere the Cranberry scarf flat, but you could certainly add another pop of 3-D Foam Tape.






After cutting the card base from the Artfully Sent cartridge, I used a touch of Red Shimmer Trim and the diagonal striped "zip strip" found on one of the papers in the Snowhaven kit. I also added a few Sparkles on the black background of the postage stamp image and the 4 snowflakes on the card base.
Here are a couple additional pieces of artwork from our amazing Art Department at Close to My Heart!
 

Time to hop along and see what Lalia Harris has created to get us in the creative holiday spirit!
Remember, the Home for the Holidays stamp set is only available through October. It retails for $17.95 or you can add it to your $50 order for just $5! Visit my website to get yours today!


11 comments:

  1. Another cute card using the bear stamp, very sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this card, Beth, especially the snowflakes - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of your card and the paper piecing looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the little details! Thanks for sharing your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You indeed found the perfect card base, this is too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used Artfully Sent on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the different looks you can achieve by fussy cutting. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card and how you showed how to do the layering. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like the snowflakes cut from the dotted paper.

    ReplyDelete